Re: AGB transmission / top end / CAM's

On Tue, 30 Sep 97 16:05:20 EST "Paul Krucke"
<pkrucke@logistics.calibersys.com> writes:

>That is what baffels me, as the drag race with my buddy's 16v 2Y, the
>only difference being I am 'lower' w/16" wheels, have a brand new
>distributor and 120,000 miles and he has 98,000 miles and bone stock.

Well, you could be shifting at different points. Driving can be a major
factor in your findings.
Your car can weight less, depending on what hes got in the trunk.
Your car can simply have more power than his car.
Your car can have less hp loss through the drive train than his.

>:You have the 1.44 3rd gear which should net you a 90 mph @ redline,
>:according to the chart on my car test program.
>
>Thank you for validating, most glare at me in disbelief, until I take
>em for a ride.

Well, there could be a performance advantage between the 2 different code
trannies. Same gearing so whats different?? Big question there. There
must be a good reason as to why there are 2 different coded tranny's in
the same car. Whats the difference then. Hmmmm.

>Ohhhhh shit, I just realized a mod I had that my buddy didn't, the
>"Ryan"
>air-box psuedo-ram air modification.

That could help out a little im sure. Especially in the higher rpm bands.

>Another theory after some late night reading leads me to believe my
>CAM timing is retarded some.  I have driven at least 4 other 16v

Check the marks. See what you got.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and