"Paul Krucke" <pkrucke@logistics.calibersys.com>: Clarification (enough, do what makes you happy)

this is getting out of hand!!!!!!
 . . . Mark
Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975
From: "Paul Krucke" <pkrucke@logistics.calibersys.com>
To: Kathy Teulie <104372.1061@compuserve.com>, scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Clarification (enough, do what makes you happy)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 97 10:00:41 EST

     Based on my reading materials from der Fatherland, MK1 IS synonymous

     with the Americanized A1.  the MK (or A) designation per VW refers
     ONLY TO CHASIS, not body type.  'The List' as stated earlier has
     redefined the MK designation to distiguish between pre 82
Scirocco's.
     Based on this logic of using it to determin 'body type' we would
have
     something like this;

     MKI = ->1984 Rabbit
     MKII = ->1984 Jetta
     MKIII = ->1981 Scirocco
     MKIV = 82-> Scirocco
     MkIX = current Jetta

     The intent of my original post was for the sake of new Scirocco
     inductee's who have come to me confused as hell i.e.;

     Q-"So, is my 84 Scirocco an MkII Paul?"

     R-"Actually it is based on the MkI Chasis, but the 2nd body style,
the
     MkII designation is used on 'the list' to save key strokes"

     In all reality, I have no problem with calling 82-> Scirocco's
MKII's,
     as my brain reads it as Scirocco II when I see it.  So carry on with

     whatever make's you happy or saves you key strokes. :)

     My apologies for being an anal retentive German,
     -Paul
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
     87 Scirocco 16v -----------(MKI SII) :-)
     87 Jetta GLi --------------(MKII Jetta)