Re: alarm trickery

Andre': Your system sounds pretty well thought out, however I have an
entertaining, more expensive way to do it:

Clone yourself, and train your new best friend to guard your car.  Buy him/her
a big gun, lots of ammunition and some caffeine/amphetamine pills.  Next,
fabricate a "hunter's blind" with interchangeable walls, so that it can be
camouflaged anywhere.  Sit back and enjoy the carnage..... The BURGLAR B GONE
system works every time :)

ps, maybe you should clone your neighbor's kid instead,  you won't be mistaken
for your "other self" and be thrown in the Klink.

How'z that for BenT?

>   I was toying with the idea of adding another battery for my alarm.  I
> have heard that sooooo many times, the thugs just break in through the
> grill and snip the wires off the battery.  I was thinking of hooking up
> a motorcycle battery to the underside of the car, next to the spare
> tire well.  I would run a separate wire from the alternator to this
> battery and ground it (meaning the battery) nearby.  I would use this
> battery in conjunction with the existing battery to power my alarm.  I
> also thought of taking my crappy siren out and putting it in the dash,
> where room is available, and getting 2 new horns of 130+db.  I figure one
> siren under the hood, one in the dash and one on the underside of the car
> in the back would be good.  Oh, I would probably make one of the sirens
> those battery pack sirens that come with their own battery in case the
> wires are cut.
>   I figure if they break in through the grill and pop the hood the alarm
> will go off.  Naturally they will cut the wires from the battery but the
> alarm will still be going.  If they wish to pursue further,they can find
> the alarm under the dash, they can get that out, that is if they can stand
> about 120db in their ear.  If they get the alarm box out and cut those
> wires there is still a siren on the back underside of the car that has
> its backup battery and is still going.  To get to that one, you would have
> to raise the back end of my car which they probably arent prepared to do.
> Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, actually, hold off on the opinions...
>   Andre'
>  "Opinions are like assholes...  You know the rest!"

Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"