RE: oil pan gasket replacement

Jeff wrote:
I recall seeing something a while back from someone who had a trick
for removing and installing those bolts that are obscured by the
adjacent transaxle, but I didn't have the foresight to save it.
 Anybody
> wanna share a little wisdom on the topic?

Then Jim replied:
To get the two bolts from hell on the oil pan (you'll find them) take
10mm wrench, and put the open end of the wrench over the bolt at a
perpendicular angle, then stick a screwdriver through the closed end
of
the wrench for leverage, and the bolt should turn.  To reinstall the
bolts when you're done, simply tape the head of the bolt to the end of
screwdriver with masking tape, and once they're threaded, remove the
tape and do the wrench trick again to torque.

I believe the simplest thing to do is go out and purchase a set of
flex sockets.  The come in extremely hand and have solved various
other problems I have had getting to certain bolts including the
infamous two oil pan bolts.

John
80 Scirocco S