Apologies.....

At 4:16 AM -0600 11/25/97, Shannon Fenton wrote:
>I also  found one that had the VW symbol in red  instead of black, just a
>knick knack for  my collection.
>
> Thank  You For Your Time And Consideration
> Shannon  Fenton
> sfenton@telegroup.com

That's great, Shannon.  My bitch of the hour is this - _WHY_ do so many of
you write two lines of (sometimes useful) information, often a signature
which is longer than the message, and then leave 6k of stuff attached?  Not
picking on Shannon directly, it seems to happen a lot - why not trim out
the unimportant stuff?

Of course, clever types will now start replying to messages which have a
nondescript subject, like "16v Performance," and delete _everything_,
except their message, as often found in the newsgroup, something like....

"I did the same thing to my Rocco, too, man.  It worked great."

Lata,

(insert some dumb netname here, like H20Dude or something)

then the email...."my16vkix5.0ass@shitforbrains.com"

maybe a url that does'nt
work...."http://www.aol.com/members/users/suckers/morons/~16vh20

Then the list of cars owned, past, present and nocturnal...

87 16v(sometimes with really stupid accessory highlighted here)
blah
blah
blah
Getting down to the Bugs....

etc.

So, Captain Clever has deleted _everything_, and we don't know what or who
he's talking about.  Great.  If you read the newsgroups, you know what I am
talking about, and I really would like to pretend that mailing lists of
this size are going to have intelligent, courteous discussions, not the
infamous "me too" posts. Just a little thought is all I ask!  Maybe
deleting unimportant stuff, quoting important stuff, and deleting the "To
Subscribe..." message at the end of each message(always great to have 2k of
instructions that no one reads).  OK, hate me, hell, I drive a Rabbit, I
must be Satan embodied.....nothing personal, but wow, do I get mad when I
have a nice big 7k message to read....

...to find 21 new words.  Grrrr.

Again, apologies, but this is driving me crazy.

I.Mannix(and spell stuff right, too....)