Transmission for 8v...

I am in dire need of a 5 spd tranny for my 8v scirocco.  Does anyone know
where I can get a good deal on one?  I've got prices for used ones ranging
from $350 - $600 plus a core charge.  I bought a rocco at a police auction
minus the trans.

I realize that any A1 tranny will work, but I would just like to get one
for under $250.  All junkyards around me (Detroit) deal mostly with
domestic cars and foreign parts are hard to come by here in the motor city.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you,

Kris Tewkesbury
tewkes@umich.edu