Hayman parts-> what happens?

What are the police going to do with all those parts that have no
owners?  Cause if they auction them off, it could be one of the
biggest VW swap meets in a long time..
I'm sure they'll seize the property for a while, at least till they
are convicted and try and trace the owner of all the stuff.  But if
this has been going on for so long, there will be a whole bunch of
goodies that would be assumed as stolen property.  I have no real
idea about how the legal system works like this, if someone knows
anything about it fill us in cause i'd be getting the wallet out big
time for this one.
Ben