Re: Weekend update: Stolen 16V recovered!

>	???They cracked the manifold?  Intake?  Exhaust?  HTF did they crack
>the manifold?  Damn Greg, I'd make sure that your baby gets a THOROUGH
>look over.  Christ knows what else those butchers could have done...

Either the exhaust manifold is cracked, or the flex is completely
severed. It sounds like an Abrams Tank. I only had 20 minutes of light by
the time I got to fondle it, so I don't know for sure.

>	I am very afraid for my Roc...

>	Ok, I'm a wondering a little bit here...If these guys were such pros to
>make off with your car in such record time, why'd they demo it like
>that?  I mean, I can understand if _everything_ was stripped and you
>were left with a shell, but they took a coupla little things, and left a
>bunch of little things, a f**ked up abunch of other stuff.  I dunno, I'm
>kinda miffed about the whole thing.

Its crazy I know. I was expecting nothing less than the Hayman shish
kabob. The only explanation I can think of was that my car was stolen
'bout 2 AM on the fourth and Hayman was busted only 8 hours later. I
figured one of his boys stole it but didn't even get the chance to throw
it on the barbie at Hayman. He probably took what he could with hand
tools and smacked the underside while doing god knows what and ditched
it. If you're psycho enough to steal someones scirocco, I guess you're
psycho enough to demo it.
Hayman update: By total coincidence the cops rented a yard right beside
the pound (Abrams Towing) where my car was. All the VW stuff they pulled
out of his lair is laid out behind yellow tape there. I thought I had
seen the bulk of it but noooooo. There's about a 200 foot long pile of
shish kabobed VW's: lots of GTI's and Corrados, an Audi 5000 which
actually looks filleted (long slices!) Dozens off doors, etc. It's
perverse, total butchery, and  really upsetting. . I can imagine what the
warehouse looks like

>	BTW, did the cops get prints??  C'mon, tell me that you'll be able to
>look the chump in the eye before you steal his last breath...hehe
>bastards..

The ol' leave the passenger side window open at night to let condensation
erase the prints trick. THAT sucks. I don't think the cops care anyway.

>	Anyways, now that you have the beast where it belongs, I can finally
>check it out, and run it...and beat it??  Alright ya'll, place your
>bets...as soon as springtime hits the fair streets of Toronto, Greg and
>I will be lining em up...

At the moment w no wheel, and no exhaust, you _might_ pull ahead. We'll
see in a couple of weeks... ;-)

>	BTW, I took my car for a quick blat around the streets today after
>about 3 weeks of storage (with a couple start ups here and there).
>Anyways, I've still got a glow on!

Jason. I was out on foot for weeks at night looking for that car in the
Downsview factory maze. Pathetic, I know BUT, I spotted a red 16V wreck
in the back of an autobody. We should check it out for goodies.

Greg

Lonesome no more!