>                                         DOM!
>         1997 FCSCC EP CHAMPION------>   1980 VW Scirocco S in EP
>                                         1979 VW Westfalia
>                                         1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde
>                                         1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
>                                         1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja
>                                         1979 Piaggio Vespa P125X
>                                         Manchester,CT

You know, between you, Ken Buck, Mannix, Potterman, Meze and many who
share this list, we have some great drivers. Early next year, George
Follmer will be our guest of honor at our Fort Wayne Region SCCA awards
banquet.  George has won championships in Trans AM, Can AM, races in
IROC and had a podium finish in F1 throughought the 60's & 70's.  To get
the idea of the horsepower involved in Can AM racing around 1972, here's
an excerpt from the Can AM web page.

"Had the 5-liter turbocharged flat-12 not worked out, Porsche had built
a normally aspirated 7.2-liter flat-16 motor. Though tested, it was
never raced. It was never needed, as the turbo motors produced 1000 hp
on the dyno and 900 hp in race trim. The body of the 917/10K was
slab-sided with a wing mounted between fins on the rear bodywork. The
bodywork directly in front of the front wheels, was concave, instead of
the normal convex shape, to help produce downforce. The 917/10K could go
from 0-60 mph in 2.1 seconds, 0-100 mph in 3.9 seconds, and 0-200 mph in
13.4 seconds! Their race performance was so awesome that they were
called the Porsche "Panzers"."

Wow.

--
Jim Buck,