Re: Heaters blow cold

Good ole blowers...

We talked about this a while ago, but not sure what resolution we came to.
I think it was a summer discussion about the center vents blowing warmer
air than the side vents.

If I remember correctly from my owner's manual, the side vents only blow
fresh air, non-heated, nutin'. My '84 behaves exactly the same way. I just
close the side vents.

Notice, though, that the little angular vent over the main side vent
should blow heated air to help keep your side window clear.

In the summer, I just close the center vent, unless I've been going down
the highway a while and it cools down. I'm pretty sure it's just because
of a stuck valve, but I imagine simply by the virtue that it's moving past
more hot engine parts than the side vents that it'll be a touch warmer.

Good luck!

~C
'84 Wolfsburg

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Michael C. Hernandez wrote:

|I have an '84, and the heater blows out hot air at the center vents, but
|the air is
|absolutely frigid that blows from the driver and passenger side vents.  Can
|anyone tell me
|what the cause of this is and how to fix it?
|
|Your help is greatly appreciated.
|
|Michael

|--
|To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-L-request@privateI.com,
|with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-294-6658