Re: cis questions..ok i'm the dumbass

At 11:17 PM 11/12/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I just was told ..it's a GLI not a regular..so it's got the 100hp
>engine in it. however the Chiltons says cis, but it's got an oxys
>sensor and i believe a knock sensor as there is a sticker on the hood
>with a carbon canister diagram and one of the lines is labeled 'to
>knock control' Could this be a cis-e?  It looks a lot like my
>Scirocco 8v. I sent him to the dealership to confirm exactly what
>fuel system he has in it but it's definitely an RD block.
>
>Ryan
>
>> > I can only comment on your mechanic's dumb ass comment: " the cis would
>> > do no good on a different block.."
>> > Wrong: you can put any non-knocksensor block in that car. This would
>> > include any injected 8V scirocco engine, any cabriolet engine, any fox
>> > engine, etc. so long as it's not a 10:1 compression engine. You usually
>> > must use the existing intake manifold, etc.
>> >
>> > If you add the the knock sensor, you can put any 1.8 in it. And probably
>> > a 2liter too.
>> >
>> > As for the Tbody, I'm still not convinced this makes a material diff.
>> > __________________________________________________________
>> >  . . . Mark

        This always comes up and I always recount my story..
        My 1980 Scirocco S w/ points ran fine with the RD (yes 10:1 CR)
until the distributor shaft wore so bad that I couldn't keep the points set
right.  You can use points, granted they will float at high rpms but you can
do it...

					DOM!
        1997 FCSCC EP CHAMPION------>	1980 VW Scirocco S in EP
					1979 VW Westfalia