Re: cis questions..ok i'm the dumbass

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 23:17:19 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@phoenix.net>
writes:
>I just was told ..it's a GLI not a regular..so it's got the 100hp
>engine in it. however the Chiltons says cis, but it's got an oxys
>sensor and i believe a knock sensor as there is a sticker on the hood
>with a carbon canister diagram and one of the lines is labeled 'to
>knock control' Could this be a cis-e?  It looks a lot like my
>Scirocco 8v. I sent him to the dealership to confirm exactly what
>fuel system he has in it but it's definitely an RD block.
>
>Ryan

If its a GLI, then if IS a CIS-E system. You can quickly tell for
yourself by looking at the single wire (Kinda thick looking) that runs
behind the distributor and is secured to the block by a single bolt. That
would be the knock sensor.
If he has a GLi, and it wont do 100 mph then he's got problems.
(Depending on if it's limited by the gearing. It could be...)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and