more lights and misc.

Hey everbuddy,

I'm new around here and may be buggin y'all with some frequently asked
questions. Hopefully not too many as I got all the FAQs from Jan's page,
still these scirocco's are peculiar beasts. My experience with Jetta's and
Golf's falls a little short.

As long as people are talking about lights, I'll ask a lighting oriented
question. I drive pizzas around for a living (the all-American Monte Carlo)
and this scirocco I just bought has tinted windows side and back. I do a
lot of "damn, that was it"-stop-backup-go, as well as backing out of
strangers driveways with mailboxes, cars, children, etc. that I can't see
at night 'cause of the tint. Now, I've considered getting rid of the tint,
but it's kinda nice to not be blinded by tailgating SUV's and monster
trucks- a common problem in KY. So, if you haven't figgered it out yet, I
want to know if there is a "good" way to hook up some rear driving lights
that come on with my reverse's to light through the tint, and would this
work?

Misc- the 'rocco is a German made '86 8v PS, PB, electric side mirrors(?!),
but no other frills. Anybody know any interesting quirks I should be aware
of? Is it possible to get convert the power brakes to non-power?

thanks for the help and pass me on o' dem Mickey's,

scott