Re: Fog light mounting

On Wed, 05 Nov 1997 22:25:57 -0700 vagabond@netcom.ca writes:
>I've seen fog lights on many cars and they're all in different places.
>
>What would be the most effective place to mount them?  I think the
>lower
>the better right? So that they would cut under the fog.  Also as far
>the sides, right? To cover as much area as possible.  I've seen them
>mounted on top of the bumper really close to each other in the centre,
>is there something to it besides looks?
>
>vagabond

No man vagabond call me what you wi-hill....... coool song. At-hem.

Uh, well, you can pretty much mount the lights anywhere as long as it
meets the minimum height requirements from the ground. I've no idea what
it is either. Something like 17" but I see new cars that have them
mounted much lower. Pontiac Grand Prix is a good example of that.

 I mounted my HELLA 300's into the body just under my euro bumpers on the
furthest outside of the front valiance. I did this so I can aim them
sorta in an exaggerated way left and right for when im night racing I can
see them cones on the 180 turns. (They worked good enough to give me my
very first 1st place trophy this year at Devore.) Its sort of in a big
"V" pattern on the front of my car. It worked quite well this Halloween
to help me see them tricker-treaters as they jumped out in front of me.

For the most part, its entirely up to you where they're pointed. Mounting
may be difficult depending on the hardware supplied with the lights.
Years ago the mount was basically for under the bumper where you drilled
a hole and fastened it that way. The newer stuff has the mounts to the
rear of the lights allowing the mounting to be like mine or recessed into
a body kit moulding ect. GL!

HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and