Exhaust update.

Well kiddies, I got my stuff back together and discovered as few things.
Just to update you all, I had developed a badly misfiring motor at my
last autox durring funruns with Paul. (remember kids, its all Pauls
fault!) Drove it home, ran on 3 cylinders at anything above idle to about
3,000rpms. Over that, ran strong ect.
So, I removed my downpipe, snapped 3 studs on the manifold in the
process. I had my next door Honda boys weld it up for me. (See, they ARE
good for something.) and the Potterman let me borrow the gas exhaust
manifold while my diesel manifold is waiting to go out with my spare
intake manifold to be extrude honed ect. Anyways, what I can tell you
about the 2 manifolds is this:
1)The manifolds weigh the same! (12lbs) I was sorta  surprised.
2) the gas manifold is about 1/4" shorter in the runners so the cat had
to move towards the downpipe for it to bolt up together. Hmm, interesting
no? Probably not.

Anyways, it's running fine compared to how it was last week so, if any of
you develope a misfire, check the downpipe. Mine cracked right at the
weld on the drivers side downpipe.

Now i just gotta find my damn keys..... I did the biggest bonehead plays
of life, lost my keys at the track today. I think they're in the
pottermans car. I bet I lost them while I was racing his car! And you
know what? Its all Paul's fault!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and