Re: Custom Bracket

webmaster wrote:

> Does anyone remember reading something about a custom front
> motor mount bracket?  It is not a whole new bracket just
> something that you would add to the exsisting one to lessen
> the upward movement.  I read it somewhere and can't remember
> where. Anybody know what I am talking about?
>
> Later
> Etrik
> http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik

I think you might be referring to a hoop style bracket that can be
fabricated quite easily for both the front and rear motor mounts.
Highly recommended for high HP applications.  It simply allows the
existing motor mount to flex to maximum and at that point,
theoretically, the bracket "catches" the motor, disallowing any further
torsional movement of the motor.

Jim
1987 Scirocco16
1996 Jetta GLS (as of yesterday)