Re: odometer/dash

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Jason Rappaport wrote:

> Does anyone know of any specific instructions to get the
> odometer/instrument cluster  out of an 1986 MK2 Scirocco?

Don't remove any screws from the dash. Remove the plastic cover; remove
the screw on the top of the cluster; go under the dash (you have to
remove the thing that covers the steering wheel from below; I removed it
once and kept it out, since it is not visible anyway and it is now so
much easier for me to work with whatever around that area) and carefully
slide the speedometer cable off the speedo. Then you need to wiggle and
tip the cluster properly so that it comes out of the dash. That's it.

Ilias