Clutch Click

It's the newbie again, with another question for ya.  Ever since I
had a replacement tranny put in after my original one toasted, I
have this annoying click when I release the clutch petal.  At
first I thought it was the cable, it wasn't.  So I haven't done
anything about it and really can't stand it anymore.  I am
thinking it's the throw out bearing, yes? no?.

Thanks
Etrik
http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik

P.S.
The car is an 87 16v Scirocco what a 7A tranny.