Re: Help with insurance appraisal

I am scared! What part of the world are you in I will be sure and stay away:)

I had a similar experience with an insurance co. My brother got into an accident
in my car (81 s Rocco). It was the other persons fault 100% liability on their
part. She ran a red light and my Bro t-boned her ford ltd (early 80's model) he
was going about 45mph on a 5 lane rd. 2 lanes in each direction and a turn lane.
She pulled out into traffic without stopping for the light that crossed the
street my Bro was driving on. Several cars swerved but he could not and he ran
square into her door. She was an older lady approx 60 years old. She was
distracted and was not paying much attention to driving. She accepted full
liability at the accident seen and was ticketed. My Bro got about 10k for his
"pain & time" I got screwed. I had just done a complete rebuild on my car. Top
bottom and clutch as well as all new hoses and brakes. The car was in my dad's
garage for about a month while we worked on it on the weekends. I got $1200.00
for my precious car. I kept the salvage and that cost me $200.00. My insurance
company was no help and stayed completely out of the claim. The guy who did
the appraisal on my car just stopped by one day while I was at work. He could
not open the hood or doors because the hood was crushed shut and the doors were
locked. He basically drove by. I settled with them after driving there rental
car for 1 month at $32 a day. I would have gladly accepted all that money + the
"value" they assesed my car at but they said " it doesn't work that way". They
basically wanted me to get an attorney to fight with them over the value of
my car and time put into my car. I am starting to angry again so I need to go.

Good Luck!
HTH!
IMHO!
(and any other abreviation I can't think of right now)

David
davidn@andataco.com
San Diego, CA