Re: Compression questions

> From:          trnsfrma@ix.netcom.com (Shawn C. Meze)
> Subject:       Re: Compression questions
> To:            scirocco-l@privatei.com

> (My turn) Wrong. Changing from the 8-1 or 8.5 -1 CR pistons to the 10-1 CR

OK, sorry to interfear on the "nit picking" guys:), The compression
ratio is two numbers representing the piston at its highest state and
lowest state, correct?

What excactly do the numbers mean though, does the "1" represent the
lowest point of the piston and "8.5" (for example) represent the
highest point.  Do they represent distences or pressures? therefor
the 1 would be the bottom of the stoke (no pressure) and the "8.5"
represent the amount of pressure at the top of the stroke?  If so,
what messurement are the numbers in, psi?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
             http://idt.net/~volkswgn