Re: converting seats..THIS is how

I think i saw somoen advertise this in Hemmies or some exotic
sports car product magazine. This is relatively easy to do. most
all high quality office chair bases come ready with a 4-bolt pattern
to bolt up to the bottom of the chair. Al you need to do is...

1. weld a plate to your runners on the seat and drill holes where the
bolts go. before drilling find where the center of gravity for the
seat is, then from that point determine where the bolt holes go on
the plate.

2. get a plate, drill the holes, and modify the plate to use U -bolts
or some other method to clamp down the runners to the plate

..obviously step1 is if your never going to put these seats back in
your car. If you start with a good chair base, you will still retain
the option to raise-lower the seat and lock, unlock its tilt-back
(rocking) feature.

Ryan
..disclaimer, I am not responsible for any damage or bodily harm
caused to any said individual that attemps any ideas or instructions
posted by myself, if your seat falls off and you break your neck,
sue someone else! :-)