RE: Rear Wheel Bearing

I just replaced mine on my '88 16V (gti) but it's the same disk setup.

Just remove the cotter pin, axle nut & washer.
Slide the brake disk off and the bearings are right there.

I would change the bearings, races and dust seals at the same time.
You will need a small diameter dowel pin to tap the races out (or a press if you have one) & to install them.
Use a small piece of wood to tap the new dust seals in and install them flush with the surface.

It's not that hard but you need some patience to install the new races and dust seals.

Lee
ldrozden@ebm.com
'88 GTI-16V
'96 Jetta-Trek