Re: New vs. Used Suspension

At 11:13 PM 5/27/97 -0700, you wrote:

>	BTW, I have had a number of people tell me that the a1 and a2 Roc
>chassis' are the same.  Therefore I am able to use suspension components
>for an a1 on my a2.  Is this 100% true?  I'd hate to order stuff from
>the UK under the assumption that they'll fit my car only to find that
>they don't.
>
>jason

I copied this from my own personal FAQ collection.

----Snip--
There are no A2 Scirocco's. Whats commonly mistaken is the MK-I and Mk-II
body styles. All Sciroccos are A1 chassis cars.
--Snip--

Simple as that. Its a fairly common mistake for newcommers. No big deal.
To anwser your question, yes, all of the early Scirocco suspension pieces
will fit on the later MK-II body styles.
HTH!

Shawn