Roll your own?

My old '81 S had 205-50-15's and to keep the rears from rubbing against the
fender lip, I took some channelocks and bent the lip in.  It helped but the
result looked like the edges of bad ravioli, not to mention the chipped
paint which is rolling out the red carpet to rust.

So how have the less barbaric of you list members been rolling your fender
lips?    How do the pro's do it?  I thought I read somewhere that some of
you ground it back but doesn't that compromise fender rigidity?  Thanks for
any ideas, benton----