Re: where's the dang oil pressure sender???

> I dont't know what the deal is but I am not sure which sensor is the oil pressure
> sensor.  On the 8v, it's on the right side (back) of the head but on the 16v the
> equivilent sensor is a coolant temp sensor (found out the hard way = )  so is it on top
> of the oil filter housing?  or there is also a sensor behind that but the new VDO
> sensor would never fit in there.  Does anyone know for sure?  It doesn't mention a
> word in the Bently.  Thanks

Bingo. The stock 16v sensor is your idiot light..you'll need to
install a T connector if you want to install the oil pressure and
retain the stock idiot warning that sits on top of the oil filter
housing.

My loving wife took the inishitive(sp?) and bought me an oil pressure
sender one year for a holiday..but it was only a 5 bar..cant use it..if
anyone needs it, i'll try to dig it up...I also have the 5-bar VDO
oil pressure gauge with it from an Audi GT.

Ryan

Ryan