Power Steering

        I am helping my friend with his power steering pump problems.  I'm
stumped.

        My friend changed his thermostat and did it without touching his
powersteering pump.  Now when he reconnected everything the pump screams
like crazy.  I told him to loosen the belt and he loosened it until it
slipped and still screams.
        If the motor is idling slow it doesn't make a noise but bring it
over 2000 and then all hell breaks loose.  Then after that it screams even
at slow idle.
        The pump gets real hot, there is fluid, and seem to be no kinks in
the lines.

        Thought, comments..

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S in EP