Black gold

Listies:

Been seeing posts advocating high viscosity oils recently.  Is using 5W-30
and 10W-30 oils asking for trouble in a stock 1.7L motor during the summer?
I thought the low viscosity was better for start up protection.  Secondly,
is a heavier weight oil harder to pump and therefore
going to take it's toll on the oil pump?  I don't know how the oil pressure
sender works, so do different weight oils give different oil pressure
readings?

Anyone here using a pre-luber?  Will these make motors last forever?  HYH
(Hope You Help).   benton-------