Non Scirocco - found VW Pickup for sale

Hi all:

Yesterday I saw an 81 VW Pickup for sale.  It looks pretty rough, and
hasn't been on the road since about '91.  Supposedly needs a timing
belt.  It's diesel.  Asking $250.

I am slightly interested in the truck.  I don't know if it is an A1, or
its own breed.  How difficult is it to find parts for it?

Seems I remember someone on this list who has one of these
trucks....Could you comment on anything in particular I should check?

If anyone else is interested, I will get the phone # and post it.  It's
in southeast Texas.

Thanks, Gail
--
M+G Houston  houston9@ih2000.net