Re: Miscellaneous spewings

>Hey Benton,  when I'm home in LA I give the ol' wave to other Sciroccos
>and haven't been swiss-cheezed yet.  Must be my sweet smile :).  Even
>pulled over on the freeway (gasp!) after a friendly game of 'chase' to
>discuss performance mods and places to go besides the 'establishments'
>in LA to get these mods done without breaking your bank.

  I don't know if you consider Orange Co. a part of LA(some seem to, some
don't), but I haven't been waved to yet in my Scirocco. The only times I've
seen a good looking VW, I've been on my bike, so I think a wave would
confuse the other driver. I have noticed that even among bikes, waving
isn't s common out here as it was in Atlanta.

>>> And while I'm making myself unpopular, may I suggest Sport Compact Car
>>>as a worthy read?
>
>Join the club {unpopular that is :)}.  I have to agree about SCC though,
>it's worth picking up on occasion.

  I've rarely seen anything in it worth getting. I have yet to see any sort
of technical article in it that seemed to be written by someone who had a
clue.

Turbo & High Tech Perf. occasionally has a good tech article, much more
interesting than SCC IMHO.

>Ya know, I've noticed this too but then, it seems EC is becoming more
>'upscale' and not geared to the 'any way you can tweak it for less
>money' crowd.  Yep....oh well.

I was really disappointed with ECs 16V Scirocco article. They had
recomendations by various people on what to do with what money, but they
didn't seem to really go into any sort of depth on why this person did this
or that. They just stated what the particular tuner would do. A few tuners
gave reasoning behind what they would do, some of it almost made sense.
Maybe I'm just too picky, but it could've been done much better. I would've
liked to see some well thought out reasoning behind the upgrades, and maybe
even some sort of collation of all of these, with various tuners giving
reasons for why they rec. doing what they did first.
  Most of their articles seem to be more like advertisements for the
products, with little in the way of technical discussion on it, other than
whatever the company gives them, which usually is just a few statistics
that mean very little without more info.

Brad