Re: 1.8 fuel injectors

At 10:22 AM -0600 05/03/1997, Jay Docherty wrote:
>I was curious if you could use the fuel injectors from a 83 1.8 (non
>air shrowded injectors) in a 84 1.8 (air shrowded fuel injectors)
>engine?

Yes.  I just switched heads on my 84 ex-air shrouded car, put an 83
non-shrouded head on it.  I put new injector seats in the head, plugged up
the hose, works great, car is considerably faster now.  The injectors are
the same, but the head has the shrouding passageways, vaccuum lines, and
long injector seats as opposed to the non shrouded short ones.  FWIW!

Mannix(difference is in the head)