Re: Scirocco religion

At 01:53 AM 5/3/97 GMT, you wrote:
>In line with this discussion about Hondas...
>
>...me and Rocky (the name Scirocco became 'rocco, which became Rocky) were
>bootin' through town today, and another 'rocco of the same vintage went past
>me the other way.  The guy waved to me through the sunroof and slowed a bit
>to glance at my car.  Naturally, I did the same.

I've noticed that too! Except for Jetta drivers, I dont get it. Must be the
screaming kids in the back seat or something. <shrug>

>I haven't felt all warm and fuzzy like this since I started driving
>motorcycles.  Later in the day, I parked next to a nice stock '78.  The owner
>and I exchanged pleasantries, and compared cars.  No rivalry, no talk of
>numbers...just low whistles of admiration and trade secret exchanges of
>information (like the locations of parts cars at local wreckers).

I have found this to be the case as well. Wether it be a Scirocco or a Rabbit
GTi owner. The comradery was quite evident!

>I honestly haven't seen such a comradery since I started driving motorcycles.
> Now I feel like Scirocco owners will come from miles away if I ever break
>down on the side of the road.  Do I get to learn the secret handshake now?

Um, yeah, but you gotta have double jointed thumbs....it can be pretty painful
if you dont....

>Can I wear the buffalo skin hat with pride?

I dunno, can you in your part of the world? You just get shot in my town! :)

I always make it a point to stop for any and all VW motorist on the side of
the road, if they look like they need it and if its prudent. Then again, I
always stop for anybody who is incapable of doing the basic fixes. (Changing
tires for older people, that kind of crap.) I've picked up a guy with gas cans
on the freeway on Xmas eve. Even gave him a ride back. (it was a whole mile
and I was getting gas myself anyways.) I hope im not the only one.....?

Shawn