Re: Slow VWs (long, very long)

At 01:23 AM 5/2/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Here's the results of a few classes - none of the drivers here are
>nationally competitive, some interesting stuff.  Read on:).
>
>SS      Joe Aurand                  53.765  Corvette
>SS      Wayne Sartori               55.088  Camaro SS
>SS      Forrest Thompson            55.334  Corvette

>ES     Andy Aust                    54.790  Integra
>ES     Roger Zimmerman              57.573  Mazda 323 GTX

>FS      Jack Allen                  54.320  Camaro
>FS      Charles Chandler            54.948  Camaro

>DSP     Iain Mannix                 55.175  GTI
>DSP     Terry Anhorn                55.346  Fiat X1/9
>DSP     James Taylor                55.798  SciroccoII
>DSP     George Counnas              55.979  ITB GTI
>DSP     Kevin Wenzel                56.134  ScirocoI
>DSP     Ron Anhorn                  56.889  Fiat X1/9
>DSP     Darrell Adams               59.655  Rabbit GTI
>DSP     Brian Stiff                 59.833  SciroccoI
>DSP     Shad Shepston               60.669  SciroccoII
>DSP     Alan Rosenberg              60.788  Rabbit 4 door
>DSP     James Schrecengost          61.623  Adams' GTI
>Mannix (now this is a fun discussion!)

Hmm, interesting. Heres my march 16th results, just for comparison:

SS Jeff Cathorn       74.53  Corvette*
SS James Fingerman    75.589  Corvette*
SS Carl Scragg        76.568  RX-7TT
SS Fred Blundell      76.892  Corvette
SSDoug Hall           77.831 Corvette
SS Gary Fingerman     75.479/1 Corvette
SSJeff Littrell       79.940  RX-7TT
SSJim Hamm            80.886  Corvette
SS Larry Abbott       83.636  Corvette
SS Larry hunt         87.984  Corvette

ES Michael Potter     78.401 GTi 16V* Protested for using too small wheels..
ES Daryled Bristol    82.000  Integra
ES Kristen Potter     86.403 GTi 16V  Declared the winner for her smile and
                                     charm!

FS Henery Botkin      80.371  Camaro
FS Chad Lewis         82.533  Mustang

GS Randy Tores        82.593 Camaro*
GS Dan Thornley       84.203  Contour
GS Tara Torres        84.604 Camaro

ASP Clark Smith       78.169 96' Viper*
ASP John DeVris       78.375 85 Corvette
ASP Derrek Khajavi    82.623 86 944T

DSP Joe Becket        76.845 Spitfire*
DSP Shawn Meze        77.297 Scirocco GTi*
DSP David Becket      77.646 Spitfire
DSP Charles Young     79.043 X-19
DSP John linen        81.892 Jetta
DSP Larry Ford        85.170 Toyota P/U
DSP Kim Ford          88.222 Renault
DSP Ronald Bott       91.760 Scirocco

* trophy winner.

I threw in the ASP so I can say, Who-hoo, I beat a Viper!! Big WHOOP. I just
realized this was the weekend that all the real SD racers were at the Norton
event for the Nationals. So, maybe this wasnt a good comparison after all...

Shawn
<I love my copy paste feature!>