Re: Interior

caufman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> 1)  I set my timing and idle this weekend.  At first, the car was
> running beautiful, sounded the best since I had it, smooth idle at about
> 950rpm's.  This was on Saturday which was in the 70's, fairly nice out.
> I ran the car on Sunday and today with the same results, car doesn't run
> so well.  Idle has dropped to about 5-600rpms, very choppy idle and I
> really need to goose it on start up, will not stay running at idle.
> Sunday the temp was in the 60's, but much cooler at night and in the
> morning...Monday morning in the upper 40's.  I don't think it's a vacuum
> problem (I replaced all the vacuum hoses) or the fuel filter (about 2k
> miles on it) - this does not mean that these are not the culprits, I
> just don't think so. Any ideas??????  Oh yeah, I don't think my car has
> the DIS, I did find a box in the relative area of the driver side up
> against the sidewall, but when I unscrewed both hoses from the "box"
> they both had male connectors so I could not attach them to each other
> as earlier indicated when I asked for help on timing.  I just screwed
> these back to the "box" and forgot about it.

	Do you mean you had your mixture adjusted or just set the idle with the
small screw on the back of the throttle body? If you adjusted the
mixture (or someone adjusted  it for you) when it's warm outside or they
didn't wait until the engine got cold again then the mixture is too
rich.  I had the same problem until a friend of mine told me how to set
the mixture.  Your problems did started after setting the mixture
right?  Therfore, logically (my impression of Spock) that's where the
cause of your problem lies.

> 2)  Eventually, I would like to put in an all leather interior into my
> MK1.  Is it possible to transplant seats and such from say a Jetta or a
> Corrado into my car and if so, does anyone have any preferences or
> advice?

	I have swapped Scirocco and Rabbit seats and there was no problem, I
even made a new version by having a normal 'rocco seat and a bucket back
the parts are all interchangable.  BUT! Some seats came with the
seatbelt anchor attached to the floor and others with it attached to the
seat, those ones are not compatible.

	Andy