Numbers...

You know you're *way* too into Volkswagens when you start reading the Vehicle
Identification Label in the trunk, and wonder what all those numbers mean...

...does anyone have a breakdown of the VIN #'s for these cars, as well as
option lists, interiors, engines, etc.?  The thing which intruiges me the
most are the 'option' numbers.  Perhaps my car has things I didn't even know
about!

One other thing...I'm looking for an original brochure/sales book for my '86.
 Is this a hopeless venture, or are there some out there, lurking in basement
magazine stacks?

Cheers,
-- Mike Helms