Re: Air box to throttle body

Thanks to dave, I "PVC'ed" my 'rocco today.

Here is my impressions:

-looks nice,
-throttle slightly more prime,
-nicer sound (with a K&N & cheesed air box it sounds like a
mustang!)
-overall about 3hp more at 5600rpm (on a stock 'rocco).

What I did:

-bought a piece of 3" PVC (has to be white, the black one is
much too thich) pipe.  The store only had a 10' (foot) pipe so I
bought it all (but you only need about 13".  It was cheap: 6.30$ CDN
for the 10 feet pipe.

-cut it (use a metal hand saw) at about 13" but cut it with a small
angle.

-remove S pipe.

-Insert angle end to where the throttle body boot is.

-Insert other end where is the boot over the air box.

-you may have to cut it half a inch more.

While you're at it, replace all the clamps.  Put stainless steel
clamps!! (1$ each)  make sure thay go >3".

Overall time: 1hr getting parts, 1 hr installation, 15 min testing
(with a large smile on your face when the cops stop you) and 45
minutes overall satisfaction.

Frank