Re: TECH: HP at the crank...

At 12:24 AM 3/14/97 +0500, you wrote:
>Just wondering...
>
>Ya know how HP at the crank and HP at the wheels is different?  ANd there is
>some proportion?  DOes it vary from car to car, or does only vary for FWD
>vs. RWD?  If it's FWD vs RWD, would the FWD have a better proportion (thus
>giving us the upper hand over 'stangs), since it goes thru the tranny right
>to the halfshafts, rather than to a U joint in the rear of the car?
>
>Chris Taylor
>'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

        The reason for the loss is drivetrain loss, clutch slippage, etc.  I
really can't speculate as to which has the advantage.  HP at the wheels also
depends on final gear ratios, etc..
        Alls I have to say about mustangs is:"Yah try turning and then we'll
see what you can do."  Any monkey can point and shoot.

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S in DM
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja