Re: 89 Roccos in States

> > KDBinney@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > sciroccos only lasted till 88 here, but it should, they are both mk2s
>
> Weren't there a few 89 'stragglers' that made their way to the
> States?  Someone posted some info on that a while ago...Rocco
> sales broken down by year.  Wasn't a few 89s on there?  I think
> only a couple hundred or so?

As recently broken down on the Scirocco web page:

        Year Sales
        1974 335
        1975 16,108
        1976 15,426
        1977 24,786
        1978 28,137
        1979 26,014
        1980 22,452
        1981 17,043
        1982 13,227
        1983 13,703
        1984 17,251
        1985 13,547
        1986 10,884
        1987 6,971
        1988 3,754
        1989 867
        1990 19

        Total 230,434

Note that these figures represent Sciroccos sold at dealerships, not
manufactured during that year (obviously).  Hey, who were those lucky
19 people in 1990, eh?

==Brett