Re: Alarm recommendations for 16v?

At 03:21 PM 3/4/97 -0800, you wrote:

>I agree, although my insurance adjustor does not.  Last time I saw him he
>asked me when I was going to figure out that owning a modified VW in this
>city was simply not practical.  I almost agreed with him.....

I bet Mr. "Practical" drives a Ford Tempo!

>Wow, I didn't think it was possible to sleep through an alarm!  I know in
>the neighborhood I live an alarm sounding at 2 or 3 AM would more than
>likely wake a few people up.  I guess all it takes is a couple falses to
>convince people to go back to sleep.

It never went off, the alarm was disabled before it was stolen. The police
suspected that the code was captured. Its fairly common practicve to do, just as
easy as it is to steal a cell phone code.

>I recommend this type of alarm 100%, especially if you live (or work) in
>an area with a lot of auto thefts.  I think there's only certain cities
>that are equipped for it, am I right?

Im not sure as far as the availability of the system. I also wonder how far it
covers, as in if I go across country and it gets stolen from a hotel or something.
Good point!

Shawn