RE: Mysterious Fluid

My guess would be you've fallen victim to the wonderful Scirocco vent control
lever apparatus.  There's a switch that defaults to "on" unless the upper
lever is in the vent or heat position which I've observed to be often on even
in those positions  due to the stamped metal parts getting bent with use.  In
short, maybe your compressor's still on.  You'd likely have noticed that,
though; change my answer to "beats the hell out of me!"

Happy hunting!