Re: MSD/Jacobs

>What do you guys think of the MSD 6A or the Jacobs UltraCoil?  I have a
>friend who's selling me both.  I have a 16V so... Let me know.  Thanks in
>advance.
>
>Mike
>
>--

Some hotrodded Rustang died at the Solo Trials this weekend when his 6AL
died.  Shrug.  They seem to work, but rumor has it that the MSD stuff has
some reliability problems.  Jacobs?  The only good I have heard is from
their ads.  Just the impression I get around other racers.  MSD is solid,
but not without problems, and lots of people see Jacobs as a nifty
marketing campaign, product as good as stock(yippie) - when it works.  I'd
stay away from Jacobs, personally.  MSD?  I guess I'd try it.  I've got a
prototype ignition on my car (still not ready for production, soon, I am
told....), it works (3.2% gain on the dyno) and it has been reliable.  I've
had it on for 4-5 months now, including a trip to and from Boston - on the
way out, we did not stop.  34 hours straight, two drivers.  Way back, I was
alone, did it in just over 48 hours with two stops (one long).  I now trust
this ignition.  I hate things that break.  I'm not sure I have met someone
with a Jacobs who has not had some problems with it.  FWIW.

Mannix