Canadian VW Shows (Was Re: fuel pumps)

Nigel Wrote earlier:

>so ...you're going to Waterfest,
>i live in Montreal, do you think the trip down would be worth it
>for the day?
>if my scirocco was runnig i wouldn't hesitate but..... it isn't.

>the local "shop" (RMR autosport) is organizing a "sport compact
>car" event which used to be
>a "BUG OUT" but they started selling Honda stuff, i think the
>event will turn into a "honda fest"

>so i need to go somewhere else to get my VW fix for the year.
>Waterfest vs Toronto show?!?!? anybody been to both? which one
>is bigger and better?

>-nigel

I'll throw a milder alternative in there. I was just checking
The Scirocco's (http://www.ftn.net/~scirocco) bulletin board
and came across:

Kingston BUGFEST'97 July 6th Kingston, Ontario, CANADA Gates open
at8:00am Prizes, Games etc. Air and water Cooled Judged Classes
E-mail digital@kos.net for more info (11-6-97)

Unfortunately, it's the same day as Waterfest! Doh!! A VW show
in my back yard (I'm in Kingston) and there's a conflict.

I'm now torn between caravaning with some folks from the list
to the ultimate east-coast show (Waterfest) or just taking it easy
on my 16v (which needs a ring job incidentally and eats oil at 5000+
rpm) and checking out the local H20 scene.

Has anyone been to this Kingston BUGFEST?!?  Is it worth even
thinking of going to or is it mostly air-cooled?

----
K.E.B.
scirocco@speed-racer.com
'88 Scirocco 16v