Re: Project 16v in EC

At 12:06 AM 6/19/97 -0700, you wrote:

>	Hopefully I'll get my ish tomorrow or the next day.  Although from the
>general attitude towards EC's handling of our beloved Scirocco, I guess
>I shouldn't hold my breath.
>
>jason
>87 16V

Quite frankly, I dont consider myself a Journalist by any means, but I
honestly feel I could have written a more neutral and possibly even a more
scientific article that what I saw there. I mean anybody can call Velocity
and find out what he thinks. Anybody can call NOLOGY and hear whatever
speach they're told to give to the public when discussing their product.
ANYBODY can do that! Why EC felt that this should be put in print is beyond
me. ITS CRAPOLAH!!!

Basically I fell that it amounts to this. (This thought was expressed by
others in the VW NG a while ago about another EC writer who owns a GLX. I
think its absolutely true.)

Basically, Mr. Peter Wu owns a pretty well beat 16V Scirocco. He is like
most of us, no cash to fix it up really nice so he does what? Thats right,
calls Velocity and says, "hey, i'll do a spot in your shop if you GIVE me
 a complete NOLOGY set".
Now, being a businessman, Jeff says, "Absolutely! $300 for a 4 page add, why
SURE!! (Id do it too if I were in Jeffs shoes! Who cares what the writer
says in the article. The exposure is worth much more than the NOLOGY set
cost!)
It would be one thing to have this little trade off and offer the reading
public some insight on what he did. But, he didnt do didly. Thats why im
pissed. Its like hes trying to make it obvious that hes doing it for the
parts, and nothing more. THAT BUGGS!!
I dont recall him writing any other articles, do you?? (That were worthy?)

Lets play a game, shall we??
Lets play, "who is Mr Wu gonna hit up for parts next"?

OK, lets also play, "whats he gonna add next"??

Hmm, I wonder what could be next on the WU mans list.......?

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and