RE: Emergency!!! No Brakes

Well, being the fool that I am, I drove my car to work today, no
brakes and all.  It was a very interesting chore, something that I
would rather not do again.  It was a nice mixture of downshifting and
e-brake action.  I have read everyone's responses, but since I am at
work, I am not able to check into everything.  I will be doing this on
my lunch break, so hopefully I can more closely verify that there are
no leaks.  I am thinking that I need a new MC at this point.  I pay
very close attention to any new noises, leaks etc. when it comes to my
Scirocco and this is something that I hadn't noticed.
Are there any benefits to moving up to the MC from an 82 Scirocco?  I
really would like a new part, but funds are sorta low and the junkyard
I use is the best.  If I do take the MC from the 82 (other MC's are
available for my year car), will I need to take the brake lines also?
 I think I read a line one time that the brake lines enter the MC at
different locations on different year models.  So many questions, no
time to work on my car.

John
80 Scirocco S