Re: Removing Speedo cable

Jason Brunberg wrote:

> Hey all.  I am trying to find out how I am supposed to remove the
> speedo cable from my transmission.  It's time to replace the tranny oil,
> and I don't want to do any damage to the cable by forcing it out.  Any
> ideas?  I'd rather not go thru the trouble of trying to fill it up from
> the hole on the driver's side.  Thanks much.
>
> jason
> 87 16V

Hopefully you will be pulling the side plug to assure proper fluid
level...right?  That being said, I think the side fill is easiest.
Spend $3 and get a cheap plastic funnel, a piece of clear plastic hose,
two quarts of Redline MT90, remove the front wheel/tire and start
pouring.  No fuss, no muss.

Jim