No Subject

Hi guys

Anyone had this problem before? I have a 87 16v k&n filter and techtonics
cat and stainless exhaust. When it is raining out I have an idle problem.
When I come to a light and push the clutch in the idle drops down to about
400 rpms and hangs there for a few seconds and then begins to climb back to
1000 rpms. If I try and accelerate before it returns to 1000 it bogs down.
Car runs great when it is dry out(actually runs better than any VW I have
ever had). I've done the basics like new plugs,wires,cap and rotor.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Don Dawson