Re: Six Speed stuff??

At 01:26 AM 6/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I have to reply to this last Remark !!!! it is not a ploy!!! Many of my
>Friends Race with the VL option 6spd Tranny.  I do not get paid to Say that
>the VL 6spd is The best ive seen!!!  When i get home ill email a guy i know
>that started the VL option 6sp tranny his Name is Vince  .

I have to remark to this last Reply!!!! (oh what fun!)
In the context of the racing world, I would definately say the 6 speed is a
requirement! If im road racing, I would definately have the 6 spd AND a
Quaife. But the origional post was not about road racing, was it? No, it
was basically an inquiry asking about  6 spd info on a street application.
(You dont road race your Jetta or Scirocco, do you Ed??) Which, I gave my
opinion on. In that aspect, I still think its a trendy item. (a novilty, a
gimmic, a scheme and yes, still a ploy. )
Id say also that if you already have a close ratio gearbox, and youve got a
seriously built Scirocco (Mike Potters 80 "S" comes to mind) then I can see
where a 6 spd would be handy. But since very few of us have the kind of
equipment like Mike has in his Scirocco, then the 6 spd would fall under the
aforementioned category.

Ya-ya, Vince at VL. Just over the hill from TT in Oregon or something right?
Cool, id like to hear what he has to say about the application benefits and
disadvantages.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi