7" vs 8" Again

Hay all!
More news form the auto-x front.  I've tried the bias ply hoosiers on the
8" wheels and they seem to work pretty well.  They definatly have a lot
more grip than the BFG's I have been useing.  Shawn I agree with you, they
are completely dead, despite that fact the BFG info line experts say that
the age of the tire would not affect the compoud!

I can tell a difference in the gearing of the car of with the smaller
tires.  It has a lot more throttle response & torque when exiting a corner.
 The turn in felt OK, it was at least equal to my BFG's on seven inch
wheels. The car was very drivable in the corners and had a nice controlable
balance.

The only negative thing about the set up was that I could spin the inside
wheel  at will.  It took a delicate foot to keep it from spinning exiting
corners and way too much throttle would produce smoke!

I have a velocity 40% locker in the tranny and   never had this problem
with the BFG's.  I'm sure that it did not help that I ran the car with 2.5
degrees of negative camber.

I'll actually have time to get the car aligned again before the next event,
I'll set it at negative 1.5 degrees, and keep my 1/8" out toe setting.
Hopefully this will help with the wheel spin problem.  If not does any one
have a spare quafe?  That's the only piece of equipment that I have not
purchased to put on this car.  Maybe its because the thing costs half what
I paid for the car when I bought it 6 1/2 years ago.  Maybe now I can
justify it since I've spent the equvilent of a small house on it.  It's
also satisfying that I can run just barley faster than a well driven neon.

I was competitive with my buddy's divisoinal winning rabbit for the first
time this year.  Even with the wheel spin problem he only beat me by 0.06
of a second.  I ran faster than this car with it's previous owner behind
the wheel  2 out of 3 times I competed against it last year.  I think this
car finished 10th last year at nationals.

Our next course is going to be rumored to be a fast one.  I'll let you
guy's know if the small hoosiers hurt my times due to reduced top end.

Later
Alan