Re: polishing intake manifold

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> Wll since I have no ac..and theres a car show tomorrow across town,
> so I'll have the wife drive her car..I took off my intakemanifold,
> not too hard..took me about 30min of removing bolts and nuts. Now
> I can get to cleaning off the top of my block which is really dirty
> and polish my intakemanifold. I'mgoing to dremel off the molding
> ridges on each side of the runners and then polish off the metal, It
> should look real nice and shiny when I'm done..but not too gaudy as
> chrome would look. I was really qite amazed at how easy the 16v
> manifold was to remove. Judging from the size of the rummers I don't
> think there would be much gained in porting them..maybe polishing
> them yes but for a complete inside polishing I would expect youd have to
> send it off to Extrude Hone...for now I will hopefulyl be satisfied
> w/ a polished outside.
>
> Ryan
> ..bored waiting for his wife to come home to drive him to Sears
> Craftman Center to get a nrew dremel piece and electric sander...this
> 'hand sanding' shit is for the birds.

	Cool, I did I minor power-sand last week with the unit on the car.
100% improvement over crusty pre-sand look.  I really want to take the
intake manifold off, and go to town on that bad boy, but I'm not sure if
I'm going to have to replace any gaskets or not.  Is it a simple matter
of remove, sand, buff, replace?  I just gots to know.

jason
87 16V