Injector o-rings

Hello fellow Roccans:

I pulled out injector number one from my '87 Scirocco 8V today to find
a surprise. At the tip, there was an aluminum cover with a little
o-ring of its own on it. It didn't look like the injectors from my '83
or '84 Jetta, which did not have this.

I was intending to replace the large o-rings. I figure I have two

1. Take the injector aprt and slide it on that way or
2. Spray some combustible lubricant on the tip of the injector and try
to squeeze it over the tip and on that way.

Which is the proper method? Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Paul Hanley