Re: Am I Crazy??

Jeff Plous wrote:

> I currently own 2 VW cabriolet (88 and an 83) plus I own a 1979 Beelte
>
> convertible... Now I am buying am '87 Scirocco 16v with everything
> even
> modifications like for the suspention exhaust and shifting linkage..
> (only
> payed $1000 for it!)
>
> Heres the problem
>
> I can only keep one of these cars for myself.
>
> I have decided on the Scirocco but feel sorry to see my $225 Beetle go
>
> away.. The Scirocco is beautiful red with nothing wrong with it and
> has
> leather and an awesome stero and alarm that raises the windoes and
> locks
> the doors and has a sunroof...
> The Beetle is unperfect needing a floor engine work but is a solid car
>
> that will run for wver once i get the fuel punp replaced.  The Beetle
> is a
> convertible which makes it hard to decide between a beet up classic or
> the
> powerful 16v newer beauty..
>
> Am I crazy?
> What do ytou guys think?
>
> Also how dependable is the 16v engine in 87?  I have owned many before
> but
> have never kept them for more than a few months..

Maybe this is obvious but why can't you keep them all? I currently own
an '87 16V Scirocco, a '84 16V GTI and an '85 Isuzu Truck. If you look
at many peoples signatures you will see that a lot of us just love cars
and can't decide on which VW to own. I would love to sell my Isuzu and
get a VW truck too.